TLDR; If there’s a better way of doing things, you’re the person to find it.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £36,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
Location: Ideally Solihull, but open to remote for the right person with a proven track record.
Are you a detail-oriented, organised and results-focused superstar with a passion for ensuring that the cogs of a business machine are well oiled and running smoothly to achieve the business vision?
We’re a marketing agency and marketing education company working with online business owners all over the world to help them sell their digital products. We work with the top leaders in the online space on their marketing strategy and we train their teams.
We’re looking for a rockstar to take our company vision and turn it into reality by managing our projects and working with our team members to make it all happen. You’ll be responsible for developing internal systems and processes to help us in this fast-growth stage and creating calm from the chaos that happens with a startup.
You’re not a taskmaster simply responsible for getting stuff done – you’re the kind of person who is always finding better ways of doing things and you take pride in a project done well. You’re also the kind of person who will help the team do their very best work, so that you can do your best work (and have a tonne of fun in the process)
*Important: This position is more than just “completing” projects and oiling cogs. We’re looking for someone to keep 5 steps ahead of the team clearing the path for everyone to make their greatest contribution to the company.
The no B.S bit…
Our agency has grown fast and scrappy. Everyone knows their roles really well, but what’s missing is someone to come in and help us operate better. We don’t know what we don’t know, but we know there are gaps in the business because our customer success has always come first instead of the operations! A bit like what came first… chicken or egg.
What we need now is someone to help us simplify, streamline and scale without losing the speed that keeps up profit-positive. That means you’ll need to be the type of person who can move forwards confidently even if they don’t have ALL the answers. (which also means you won’t get micro-managed, no one wants that!)
We don’t want a 1 year ladder-climber kind of employee who is onto the next thing, we want someone who is in it with us for the long haul and to drive our success forwards. In this stage of business you’ll be getting your hands dirty with the rest of us getting s**t done – so if you’re the kind of person who says “that’s not my responsibility” then you won’t get on well with us. We all step in where needed and that’s part of the fun of being a startup!
The reward – amazing flexibility, great pay and rewards and long term career progression as you’ll be the ideal person to move into the managing director role. Not to mention working with the nicest bunch of humans you could meet.
You’ll be accountable for turning our vision into reality by managing all projects across sales & marketing, delivery of our online education services and company operations.
You’ll also be accountable for developing systems, managing team members and ensuring the company is as efficient as possible.
- Managing projects across the various departments of the company – marketing, delivery & operations.
- Delegating tasks to team members and ensuring projects are delivered on time.
- Developing online systems and setting up project management software to assist the productivity of the team and complete projects faster.
- Implementing tools and automations to streamline how we operate, reduce the time spent on manual and repeated tasks.
- Identifying bottlenecks and seeking solutions to eradicate them.
- Developing new systems in the company to improve efficiency and find better ways of working.
- Working with team members and resources to drive a project to completion.
- Book internal resources and team meetings as needed.
- Following up on meetings to ensure all tasks have been completed and issues resolved.
- Produce and manage project timings.
- Ensure resources have what they need to complete their tasks.
- Use learnings gained in our projects to optimise our processes for new projects.
- Assist and support team members as required.
- Protect the time of the CEO by being the bridge between them and the team.
- Highly organised
- Problem solver
- Cool under pressure
- Get s**t done attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Lover of all things tech
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- A passion for operations and you’re ready to move into a leadership role.
- Experience working with teams.
- Great at working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- You have depth of knowledge with project management tools.
- Highly organised and strongly focused on details.
- Strong IT skills
- Must have confidence to manage a team and promote best practice.
- Able to multitask, prioritise workload and use time efficiently.
- Positive attitude in challenging situations and able to provide feedback and direction for team members.
- Project management qualifications are not necessary – we are far more impressed by what results you’ve achieved as a practitioner in your craft – not what you say you are on paper.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Bonus points if you have worked within a marketing department / agency
- Some flexibility on working hours
- Work from home days
- 3pm finish on Friday
- Bonus structure
- 28 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Professional development budget
You’ll thrive in this role if…
You love taking the lead on projects. You love having full ownership over the execution and results of your projects. You’re constantly seeking to improve these projects asking yourself things like: What’s working? What’s not working? How can I improve this? How can I make this better? Did I see the results I was hoping for? etc. to achieve amazing outcomes. You’re incredibly self-disciplined to be on top of your projects, deadlines and communications with the rest of the team.
You pick up new things fast. As well as being able to learn new tools quickly, you love getting your teeth stuck into them so you can learn how to make things work better. We’re a remote online education company meaning we use a lot of different tools to make our team work efficiently and effectively and you love using tech to solve problems.
You have strong attention to detail. People tend to compliment you on your strong attention to detail and you’re constantly reviewing your work multiple times to ensure it’s as thorough as possible. Your friends and family would probably say that you’re the most organised person they know!
You have a knack for seeing the bigger picture and thinking strategically. You love thinking about how new ideas fit into the bigger picture of a project, marketing plan and a business. You love strategising on creative ways to improve projects to create the best content and results as possible.
You want to be part of an impact-driven company. You want to be part of something special! We’re a marketing education company that is transforming the lives of the people we serve through our training products and we’re making a real difference to their lives.
You are happy to put in the hours during our busy product launch weeks. All of our team work evenings, weekends and stay positive even when under pressure during our launch weeks throughout the year.
You’re a natural problem solver. You’re always trying to find better ways of doing things and you thrive under pressure. You don’t crack when you face challenges that need solving.
You’re a bit of a numbers geek. Metrics tracking and data are your jam. You’re probably a bit of a numbers geek, and you’re totally cool with that (as are we).
You love to blend work and fun. You’re approachable, easy to work with and love a bit of fun in your work day – we’re a young, dynamic team and we like to do business differently.
How to apply…
To apply for the role please email email@example.com with a letter detailing your operations experience and your journey so far, why this role appeals to you and why you want to work for Love To Launch. Make sure you also tell us your location. Deadline for applications is 17th February 2023. Role to start ASAP.