Role: Junior Launch Manager
Role type: Full time employed or Contractor
Salary: £30-£50k a year depending on experience
Location: Solihull, England or virtual for the right person with demonstrated remote team experience.
Are you a marketing-obsessed, highly organised and problem-solving superstar with a passion for launches?
We’re a marketing agency and education company working with online business owners all over the world to help them sell their online products and services. Our training is delivered through online courses, an online membership and in-person workshops and we manage the launches of some of the biggest names in the online space.
We’re looking for a rockstar to join our team as a junior launch manager to work on our internal launches, client launches and affiliate launches under the wing of the Launch Director.
You’re launch-obsessed and want a role where you can learn how to step into becoming a next level launch manager with a launch specialist company that is leading the industry in best-practice and ethics.
You know that a launch manager is not strictly a manager – you’re a creative thinker who can also be involved in the execution of launch tasks. You love to “get your hands dirty” when it comes to projects and you’re not afraid to turn your hand to launch tasks when needed.
You’re also not a taskmaster simply responsible for getting stuff done – you’re the kind of person who is always finding better ways of doing things and to help the team do their best work so we all deliver the best results. You blend creativity into everything you do and have the attitude of “there’s no such thing as problems, there’s just a decision to be made”.
Importatnt* This is not a business opportunity, we’re looking for a full-time team member to join us and we’ll be your #1 responsibility.
You’ll be accountable for managing launches for our company and clients, as well as supporting in the training side of our business.
You’ll also be accountable for developing systems, managing team members and ensuring our launches perform as well as possible.
- Managing launches across the various departments of the company.
- Planning launches and working with team members / clients to create innovative strategies to hit the launch goals.
- Delegating tasks to team members and ensuring launch tasks are delivered on time and that we hit the KPIs of each stage.
- Work with team members to strategically solve problems during the launch.
- Developing online systems and setting up project management software to assist the productivity of the team and complete launches effectively.
- Identifying bottlenecks and seeking solutions to eradicate them.
- Developing new launch systems to improve efficiency and find better ways of working.
- Working with team members and resources to drive a launch to completion.
- Book internal resources and team meetings as needed.
- Following up on launch meetings to ensure all tasks have been completed and issues resolved.
- Produce and manage project timings.
- Ensure resources have what they need to complete their tasks.
- Use learnings gained in our launches to optimise the launch next time round.
- Assist and support team members as required.
- Highly organised
- Creative thinker
- True passion for marketing
- Problem solver
- Great energy when faced with challenges
- No drama attitude – you find solutions
- Cool under pressure
- Get s**t done attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Lover of all things tech
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrated launch knowledge either in your business or for clients.
- Strong marketing background.
- Experience working with teams.
- Great at working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Project management tool experience
- Highly organised and strongly focused on details.
- Strong IT skills
- Able to multitask, prioritise workload and use time efficiently.
- Positive attitude in challenging situations and able to provide feedback and direction for team members.
- Project management qualifications are not necessary – we are far more impressed by what results you’ve achieved as a practitioner in your craft – not what you say you are on paper.
- Solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Bonus points if you have worked within a marketing department / agency
- Bonus points if you have already gone through some form of launch training
- We are open to this being a contractor role for the right person
- Flexibility on working hours
- Work from home days
- Bonus structure
- 30 days holiday a year (plus bank holidays)
- Moving to 4 day week later in 2022
- Professional development budget
- Opportunity to travel to events (both UK and international)
- Self-care hours – go and take that yoga class or head off for a coffee shop reading session! Work-life balance and fun is so important to us
You’ll thrive in this role if…
- You are highly organised. You thrive on keeping things calm, organised and you’re incredibly self-disciplined when it comes to deadlines and keeping on top of work.
- You have a test, test, test attitude. You’re constantly seeking to improve these projects asking yourself things like: What’s working? What’s not working? How can I improve this? How can I make this better? Did I see the results I was hoping for? etc. to achieve amazing outcomes. You’re incredibly self-disciplined to be on top of your projects, deadlines and communications with the rest of the team.
- You’re dependable and don’t bring drama! When the shit hits the fan, you’re the kind of person who offers their help first to bring things back on track and you do it with huge amounts of positive energy and enthusiasm.
- You have strong attention to detail. People tend to compliment you on your strong attention to detail and you’re constantly reviewing your work multiple times to ensure it’s as thorough as possible. Your friends and family would probably say that you’re the most organised person they know!
- You have a knack for seeing the bigger picture and thinking strategically. You love thinking about how new ideas fit into the bigger picture of a project, marketing plan and a business. You love strategising on creative ways to improve projects to create the best content and results as possible.
- You want to be part of an impact-driven company. You want to be part of something special! We’re a marketing education company that is transforming the lives of the people we serve through our training products and we’re making a real difference to their lives.
- You are happy to put in the hours during our busy product launch weeks. You understand that launches are seasons and are happy and willing to put in the hours during launches. All of our team work evenings, weekends and stay positive even when under pressure during our launch weeks throughout the year.
- You’re a natural problem solver. You’re always trying to find better ways of doing things and you thrive under pressure. You don’t crack when you face challenges that need solving.
- You’re a bit of a numbers geek. Metrics and tracking, data are your jam – and you’re totally cool with geeking out over numbers (as are we).
- You love to blend work and fun. You’re approachable, easy to work with and love a bit of fun in your work day – we’re a young, dynamic team and we like to do business differently.
How to apply…
To apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter detailing your marketing experience and your journey with launches so far, why this role appeals to you and why you want to work for Love To Launch. Make sure you also tell us your location and timezone. Current round of applications will close 5th August 2022 – the next stage will be a Zoom interview.